SolutionsIQ’s Essential Practices for Agile Developers course is designed for software developers interested in learning the coding and collaboration practices used by the most experienced Agile teams to achieve breakout performance and enduring quality. Participants will learn how to use Agile engineering practices in an integrated manner within the Scrum framework and to effectively collaborate as part of a self-organizing team.
This course fulfills the 3-day technical training requirement that is part of earning the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) credential from the Scrum Alliance. To complete the remaining 2-day CSD curriculum requirement, try our Certified ScrumMaster Training or Certified Scrum Product Owner Training courses.
- How to identify and remedy negative coding and design patterns
- How to use refactoring to incrementally refine design and reduce technical debt
- The architecture and design principles that enable testability and ease of change
- Continuous integration practices
- Unit testing principles and practices, including how to write good tests
- How to effectively use test automation
- Test-driven development as an approach to design
- Tried and true collaboration techniques for working together as a team and with the customer
- Pair programming
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of software development and code analysis tools
This course is structured as a hands-on software development project interleaved with lectures, demonstrations, and group discussions. Participants will learn Agile practices by using them as part of a Scrum team and incrementally delivering a software product from an emergent backlog of features.
Collaboration with the Product Owner
Automated Unit Testing
Working together as an Agile team
Definition of Done
Tying it all together
This course is intended for all members of a Scrum team who want to understand how Scrum and Agile engineering practices are applied and how they affect their role in the team. To gain the full benefit of this course, participants should have:
- Experience developing software in Java or C#
- Familiarity with the Scrum framework
This course is offered in two versions: one for Java developers and one for C# developers. Check our course calendar for details.
Read our Cancellation Policies.
Back to Top