SolutionsIQ is Moving to an Agile Space
by Harmony Jones
SolutionsIQ's Redmond, WA headquarters will move to a new office in December! This offers a unique opportunity to redefine what we consider essential working spaces. It's a brand new building which is unfinished inside. We asked our employees to tell us what they consider the most important attributes of an Agile workspace via a voting board we posted in the center of our current office:
The most popular requests were natural light, persistent personal space, an exercise facility like the one we have now, and fast wireless connectivity. We have made it a priority to ensure that these four features are implemented in the new space, in additional to making the space as open and collaborative as possible.
- No more tall cubes! There will be rolling desks for developers and consultants in the yellow area, and stationary desks with lower walls and tempered glass partitions for our operations departments (HR, Finance, Sales, and Marketing), located in the green areas. The goal is to allow as much natural light in as possible and not block anyone’s view of the outside world.
- Corner windows are reserved for community lounge areas (orange).
- A café area will be installed between the two largest work areas (large orange area). There are no walls separating this space from the rest of the building. Shared light and work space will be available.
- We have asked our builders to install a fitness room with padded flooring. We will bring all of our current fitness equipment with us and continue to provide a workout room for our employees.
- Since we will have limited wired connections, we'll be relying mainly on a wireless system for our workstations -- we will have an upgraded wireless network to support the needs of our employees.
Watch this space for more updates as we move along with our big construction project!