We want to help individuals who have the desire, but not the means or opportunity, to acquire the skills they need to achieve Agile success.
Rather than charge full price ($1695 per person) for this course, we are offering the same high-quality training for a refundable fee of $75 to cover the cost of certification for eligible students.
Our Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) Lab is structured as a hands-on software development project, interleaved with lectures, demonstrations, and group discussions. Participants learn Agile practices by using them as part of a Scrum team and incrementally delivering a software product from an emergent backlog of features. Students gain hands-on experience in essential practices, including automated testing, test-driven development, refactoring, and continuous integration. Offered in Java and .NET, the course fulfills the 3-day technical training requirement that is part of earning the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) credential from the Scrum Alliance.
The program is offered to qualified candidates in:
- Redmond, WA
- San Jose, CA
- Detroit, MI
- Philadelphia, PA
- Dallas, TX
- Atlanta, GA
What does a qualified candidate look like?
Software developers with:
- Prior professional experience in Object-Oriented Programming in the base technology for a specific class (Java or .NET)
- A strong interest in learning or improving Extreme Programming (XP) expertise
- A commitment to attend 3 full days of training
Hardware and Software Requirements
Students must provide their own laptops for this training, with the following software requirements:
- Dual Core 2GHZ or better
- 4GB RAM, 8GB preferred
- Windows 7 (preferred) or Windows XP SP3
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher (32 bit)
- Security: Must allow ActiveX install on first use
Students will also receive instructions for testing configuration prior to the class.
Students who complete this 3-day training may be eligible to apply for the Certified Scrum Developer credential offered by the Scrum Alliance. Application instructions will be sent upon class completion.
How the Program Works
Step 1. The Application Process
If you meet the qualifications listed above:
- Complete this questionnaire to be considered for the program. The form includes several questions regarding your development aptitude, as well as a field for uploading your resume. Upon completion of this form, your information will be reviewed within 48 hours. You will then be contacted with your application status.
- If approved, you will be added to a waiting list for the class location indicated in the questionnaire. When the course has been confirmed in your indicated location, you will receive a link to complete your registration.
- If disqualified, you will be notified accordingly.
Note: All information submitted as part of the application process will be kept secure and confidential within SolutionsIQ.
Step 2. Registration and Fees
During registration, you will be required to pay a refundable fee of $75. This fee covers the cost of Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification for students eligible to apply Students who do not apply for the certification will be fully refunded upon request after class has been completed.
Upon completion of registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
Step 3. Pre-Course Logistics
A few days before class, you will receive links to recommended reading to bring you up to speed on basic Agile practices. You will also receive information such as venue location, parking, etc.
Step 4. Post-Course Logistics
Within a week of class completion, you will receive an email with instructions for submitting your CSD application. At this time, students who do not wish to apply for certification should alert our Training Operations team. A full refund will be processed immediately.
Terms and Conditions
Due to space limitations, no more than two people per company will be admitted. SolutionsIQ reserves the right to disqualify individuals who do not meet the qualification criteria as outlined above. All information submitted as part of the application process will be kept secure and confidential within SolutionsIQ. SolutionsIQ reserves the right to cancel any class; in the event that a class is cancelled, registrants will be fully refunded.
If you’re ready for more information, please contact us below.