In keeping with its goal of providing leadership in the evolution of project management, the Project Management Institute has created the Agile Certified Practitioner certification (PMI-ACP). The PMI-ACP is positioned to recognize and validate knowledge of this important approach.
If you are working in organizations using Agile to manage projects, the PMI-ACP provides an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of Agile practices. The certification is not limited to project managers or Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential holders — individuals with experience working on Agile project teams can also apply.
The certification is for practitioners who are seeking to:
- Demonstrate their level of professionalism in Agile project management practices to employers
- Increase their professional versatility in both Waterfall and Agile techniques
SolutionsIQ’s one-day PMI-ACP training course helps meet the training contact hours required for credential eligibility. This course may be taken as a standalone class or in conjunction with either our Certified ScrumMaster Training (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner Training (CSPO). Attendees are qualified for 7 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for the one-day class. When taken in combination with our CSM or CSPO course, attendees are eligible for the 21 contact hours required for PMI-ACP certification.
|PMI-ACP Training (PMI-ACP)||1 day||7|
|Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Training||2 days||14|
|Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Training||2 days||14|
|CSM + PMI-ACP||3 days||21|
|CSPO + PMI-ACP||3 days||21|
This one-day course will provide you with the contact hours and overall understanding to feel confident to take the PMI-ACP exam. The full day of training includes:
- An introduction to the PMI-ACP certification
- An overview of PMI’s perspective on Agile Project Management
- A look at how Certified ScrumMasters and Agile Certified Practitioners approach work
- A comparison of Scrum vs. Agile project management
- An overview of Lean, Extreme Programing (XP), feature-driven development, and the Agile Unified Process
- An introduction to Agile program and portfolio management
- An analysis of the division of project management responsibilities among the team, product owner, and ScrumMaster
- An examination of how project management supports Agile values
Upon course completion, students are eligible for the required Professional Development Units (PDUs) for the PMI-ACP certification. Participants also receive a copy of the ACP Exam Prep Plus Desk Reference.
Presently, SolutionsIQ only offers PMI-ACP training to private groups. If you would like more information about private PMI-ACP training with or without Scrum certification, please fill out the form below.