Tasks are descriptions of the actual work that an individual or pair does in order to complete a story. They are manageable, doable, and trackable units of work. Typically, there are several tasks per story. Tasks have the following attributes, and all tasks must be verified complete – not just “done”:
- A description of the work to be performed, in either technical or business terms
- An estimate of how much time the work will take (hours, days)
- An owner, who may or may not be pre-assigned
- An exit criteria and verification method (test or inspection)
- An indication of who will be responsible for the verification
Turn words into action by taking an introductory course in Agile. Check out our upcoming Certified ScrumMaster training courses.