What You Will Learn
Mastering Product Ownership techniques and skills will require both time and practice, this class will prepare you to confidently step forward in your role as a Product Owner.
- Describe the responsibilities of the Product Owner role, how the role engages in Scrum events, and the benefits of Scrum Team Collaboration.
- Report that the Product Owner helps the organization realize value through delivering product solutions that delight customers and users within the constraints of technical feasibility.
- Explain why Scrum as a framework works for product development and how the Scrum Team delivers product increments.
- Communicate the purpose of a product idea by describing the problem being solved, who is most affected by the problem, how the team’s efforts will improve the situation, and how that solution’s effectiveness will be evaluated.
- Describe a solution or feature as progressively smaller items that may be completed in a sprint.
- Compare and contrast the needs of three key groups: users who use a product, customers who buy a product, and any additional stakeholders who benefit from the product’s delivery and use.
- Explain how the sprint review is an effective inspect-and-adapt step to review the product increment built, user insights, experiments, options, and product opportunities.
- Define what value is (and is not), how to measure it, and the Product Owner’s responsibility to maximize it.
- Create product backlog items that reflect impact and desired outcome, and recognize the pros and cons of a “just-in-time” approach for product backlog refinement vs. an “all-at-once” approach.
- Describe benefits of decomposing larger, valuable product backlog items into smaller,
There are no defined prerequisites for this course, however instructors suggest participants review The Scrum Guide prior to class.