What You Will Learn
Mastering facilitation skills in the Agile context will require both time and practice, this class will prepare you to immediately take your team facilitation skills to the next level.
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators.
- Understand and practice the art of collaborative meeting design, including the importance of smart preparation that will reduce overall cost and increase the effectiveness of your meetings.
- Practice techniques for skillfully facilitating core Agile meetings and ceremonies with playfulness and a collaborative spirit, while still focused on key deliverables.
- Gain rich, well-delivered feedback on participants’ growing facilitation skills.
- Gather ideas for designing meetings in which the team interacts with the team so they can do the heavy lifting.
- Understand how to address some of the dysfunctional behaviors that prevent teams from achieving maximum success.
- Learn how to define, discuss, and achieve consensus with the team for faster and better decision making.
- Create and begin using a customized facilitator self-development plan.
- A minimum of three (3) months of hands-on Agile experience
- Strong foundational understanding of Agile values & principles
- A Certified ScrumMaster certification, ICAgile Professional designation, or equivalent level of Agile training