What You Will Learn
Mastering coaching skills in the Agile context will require both time and practice, this class will prepare you to confidently step forward in your role as an Agile coach.
- Understand and utilize the four key Skill Areas and four Knowledge Areas applied by the best agile coaches (ACI’s Agile Coaching Competency Framework).
- Create healthy teams that are resilient, creative, resourceful and resonant.
- Listen fully and ask essential, powerful questions that open up new possibilities and propel people into action.
- Clearly ascertain the distinction between coaching and mentoring and know when to apply each most successfully.
- Understand how to address the dysfunctional approaches to conflict that teams often develop.
- Coach and mentor people through all kinds of change, especially the change required to occupy Agile roles fully.
- See the broader organizational context more clearly and determine the best interventions to positively affect it.(ACI’s Integral Agile Operating System™)
- Walk away from the course with a personal coaching improvement backlog – a thoughtful, tangible self-development plan.
- A minimum of six (6) months of hands-on Agile experience
- Strong foundational understanding of Agile values & principles
- A Certified ScrumMaster certification, ICAgile Professional designation, or equivalent level of Agile training