Nowadays you can’t go anywhere without hearing about or interacting with voice recognition technology. Kari Ostevik of the Toronto-based Tribal Scale knows: she helped with the voice technology powering both Amazon Echo (i.e., “Alexa”) and Google Home. She provides 5 lessons for working in emerging technology:
- Humility – nobody knows yet so everybody needs to be curious and patient.
- Power of the Pair – Pair programming makes knowledge dissemination fast and seamless.
- Ruthless Prioritization – Tech is changing all the time, so you have to be clear about priorities.
- Test Late – In additional to testing early, with emerging tech, it’s important to have enough of a product to get good feedback.
- Submit Early – Start time-consuming (legal/bureaucratic) processes earlier on.
Accenture | SolutionsIQ’s Howard Sublett hosts at Mile High Agile in Denver, Colorado.