Marsha Shenk, coach, consultant and founder of The BestWork People, takes us on a whirlwind tour of how the brain affects everyday interactions. Shenk believes that people fundamentally want to contribute – to be part of meaningful interactions, which is what life – including business – is made up of.
Our favorite quote: “Business agility is not for the faint hearted.”
More nuggets of wisdom Shenk offers:
– “People get dumbed down by having imperatives imposed on them.”
– “Fear shuts down the prefrontal cortex, which is where our executive function is… so nothing new happens”
– “Business is a social activity. Some people now think that itʻs happening between computers – no. Thereʻs somebody out there making a decision and that person has a beating heart.”
– “I recommend respecting the limitations of technology and … physiology.”
– “In order to keep learning after puberty, you have to develop the skill of building new neural pathways.”
Hosted by Leslie Morse in NYC at Business Agility 2018.