Where will the Agile space be in ten years? This great question kicks off this edition of Round Table Roulette with our guests Aidee Fischer, Corey Post and Steve Kovach, three experienced Agile coaches here at SolutionsIQ. On the topic of the future of Agile, our guests are unanimous: “Agile will be everywhere.”
Other questions and conversation topics that host Howard Sublett guides our guests through include:
- Can Agile work at any scale? If no, at what size does it break down?
- Fischer: “Depends on what we mean by Agile. If we’re talking about the idea of delivery value quickly to customers, being more customer-centric… making our people or products the best that they can be, then I think that, yes: it could work at any scale.”
- What do you tell managers that want to compare Agile teams to each other?
- Is there a “Dunbar Number” for Agile? “We’ve learned how to decentralize decision-making.”
- How do you know if someone is a good or great Agile coach?
- Share a story about Agile outside of software.
- Kovach was moved last year by a session he attended at Mile High Agile by the teenaged Aaron Vadakkana who has been using Scrum at home for years.
- If you could only give one piece of advice to a new ScrumMaster, what would it be?