Steve Denning is a thought leader par excellence in the Agile industry. With six successful business books and 600 articles on Forbes, which collectively deal with radical changes is leadership, management and storytelling, Steve has been a vocal proponent for Agile for years. In this Agile In-Depth podcast, SolutionsIQ’s Howard Sublett discusses with Steve the 3 Laws of Agile and how simplicity is the strongest weapon to combat complexity. Steve is also promoting the upcoming inaugural Business Agility conference, which SolutionsIQ and Agile Amped will be onsite to capture!
Here are some sound bites to whet your appetite:
- “We are moving towards a world I think where… Agile will simply be management, and the normal way to run a company will be Agile.”
- Instead of scaling the organization up… it’s de-scaling the work down to small pieces, small teams, small batches, small cycles… (In this way) you can in fact handle some very large, complex problems.”
- “An obsession with delivering value to the customer… and giving everyone a clear line of sight to the ultimate end user.”
- “Culture is a verb, not a noun.”
- “The biggest risk is on-boarding people at the senior level… If they are not on the same page, then the organization is heading for immediate problems.”